Originally released by MGM, the film entered the public domain in the United States in 1979 due to a failure to renew the copyright. Despite the fact that Warner Bros. Entertainment (via ownership of Turner Entertainment) owns the distribution rights to the original, as of yet, they have not released an authorized DVD release of the sequel.
- Spencer Tracy as Stanley T. Banks
- Joan Bennett as Ellie Banks
- Elizabeth Taylor as Kay Dunstan
- Don Taylor as Buckley Dunstan
- Billie Burke as Mrs. Doris Dunstan
- Moroni Olsen as Herbert Dunstan
- Richard Rober as Police Sergeant
- Marietta Canty as Delilah
- Russ Tamblyn as Tommy Banks
- Tom Irish as Ben Banks
- Hayden Rorke as Dr. Andrew Nordell
- Paul Harvey as Rev. Galsworthy
ProductionFather of the Bride Part II, with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton in Tracy and Bennett's roles. However, Keaton's character also has a baby and the plot has many similarities to this movie.
Spencer Tracy and Joan Bennett had made films together two decades earlier, including Me and My Gal (1932), in which their characters marry, and She Wanted a Millionaire (1932).