Thursday, October 2, 2014

Joanna Lumley,Bond Girl

She is one of Britain's most famous beauties and a Bond girl to boot but Joanna Lumley says she has no regrets about her looks changing as she ages.
Instead, the 67-year-old has embraced the ageing process and says she doesn't see the point of going under the knife in a bid to remain younger because she is no longer interested in youthful roles.
'I’m really not against [cosmetic surgery] but what’s the point of getting stuff done when I’m looking to play older people like grannies?

'They are not going to cast me as a 35-year-old – there are 35-year-olds to do that.
'You have got to think very carefully what you want done.'
But Lumley admits that she's not entirely immune to vanity and revealed that she's a huge fan of tailored, mannish clothes that suit her broad shoulders.
Speaking to Good Housekeeping, the actress and campaigner said: 'I’m tall with broad shoulders and therefore I like clothes with a bit of a swagger – mannish clothes that you can wear with a lot of feminine, sweet tops.
'I put my own looks together – a favourite coat, a bit of vintage, a bit of high street.'
Asked for her tips on always dressing well, she added: 'Clothes that are too tight make you look bigger.
'If you’ve been trying to shed pounds and it doesn’t go, buy the next size up. I never care what size my clothes are.
'I cut the labels out because they always scratch the back of my neck.
'Even my grandest clothes don’t have labels on them. I can’t bear it.'
Although she's happy to splash out on clothes, Lumley says she refuses to do the same for her hair; instead, choosing to cut and colour her blonde mane herself.

 'I cut my hair myself and colour it,' she reveals. 'I know everybody in the hairdressing business despairs of me but it’s so much easier to do it yourself.

'The hairdresser costs a lot of money and is a treat.'
The low-maintenance star even confessed to avoiding exercise, saying her inability to stay still was the secret of her enviably slim figure.
Lumley also spoke of her refusal to diet, saying that although she eats 'like a sensible person', she does have a soft spot for peanuts.

'I eat like a sensible person,' she exclaims.
'I haven’t got a very sweet tooth but I love salted things like nuts.
'I would have to be dragged in by a lorry if I ate as many salted peanuts as I would like to!'
Peanuts by the truckload or not, Lumley says she's content with her life and what she's achieved and says others should, like her, mould themselves into the person they want to be.
'I’ve always believed you only have one go at life, which is thrilling,' she adds. 'Only you can make yourself into who you want to be.
'Don’t blame anybody else. You are entitled to free fresh air and that’s it. Do the rest yourself.'





















No comments:

Post a Comment